How to log onto a domain computer that does not let you log on using CTL-ALT_DEL
Some computers are locked down to the point where only a non-admin can log in using CTL-ALT-DEL.
To overcome this, and to gain access to any Command Line commands, do the following:
- Remote to the computer or log in locally.
• Select Ctrl-Alt-Delete
• Select ‘Start Task Manager’
• Log on with a Domain Admin account
• Select the ‘Run as Administrator’ checkbox
• Select: File -> NewTask (Run)
Enter command line commands, or Control Panel commands. Some Control Panel commands are listed below.
- etc… Do a search on the internet for more Control Panel .cpl commands!